Regardless of what you deliver or assess in the VET sector, if you want to remain a qualified trainer and assessor, you must take action by 1 April 2019.
This mandatory upgrade applies to all VET trainers and assessors in Australia. If you’ve been training under a TAE40110 qualification, you will have to take action and upskill to meet the standards, or you will no longer be deemed as qualified post 1 April 2019.
Workplace Dimensions, with our partner MRWED, can help with your options.
OPTION 1: ADD TO YOUR EXISTING QUALIFICATION
You do not need to upgrade to the new qualification. You can remain compliant by simply adding these two mandatory units to your current TAE40110.
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language Literacy and Numeracy
- TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools Completing the two mandated units and providing evidence to your RTO is enough to ensure you can continue delivering/assessing in 2019.
How to take up this option:
Together MRWED and Workplace Dimensions offers you both mandatory units:
More about > TAELLN411 Language Literacy and Numeracy (1 Day $350)
More about >TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools (2 Days – $650)
Combine both units for a $50 discount (3 Days – $950)
Note: If you completed your TAE401110 with Workplace Dimensions, you will already have completed TAELLN411 Address
Adult Language Literacy and Numeracy, so will only need to do TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools. If you did your qualification with another provider – check your academic statement for that unit.
READY TO TAKE UP THIS OPTION AND ADD TO YOUR CURRENT QUALIFICATION TO STAY COMPLIANT? Enrol Now
OPTION 2: UPGRADE TO THE NEW QUALIFICATION
If you want to upgrade your TAE40110 qualification to the new TAE40116 simply complete:
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language Literacy and Numeracy +
- TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools +
- A Gap Assessment /RPL Kit
You may ask: “If I have the two mandatory units – why do I need to do the Gap Assessment/ RPL kit? Can’t I just get the new qualification?”
The answer is that as part of your TAE40110 you completed units that are not equivalent to the units in the TAE40116 as there are more assessment requirements. This applies to:
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes has been superseded by TAEASS401
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation has been superseded by TAEASS403
Because of the significant changes to those two units above, upgrading requires you to complete assessment tasks, or supply RPL evidence to demonstrate you have the required additional evidence to for each unit.
How to take up this option:
1. Complete Option 1 (if you don’t already hold the units)
2. Enrol in the upgrade. We will provide you with an RPL kit to guide you through the activities required for the gap assessment, to achieve these units and the upgrade of your qualification to TAE40116.
- Gap Assessment RPL Kit only $450
- Both units : TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools & TAELLN411 Address Adult Language Literacy and Numeracy+ Gap Assessment RPL Kit – $1,400 ($50 discount)
- Single units : TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools + Gap Assessment RPL Kit – $1,100
- Single units : TAELLN411 Address Adult Language Literacy and Numeracy + Gap Assessment RPL Kit – $800
READY TO TAKE UP THIS OPTION AND UPGRADE TO THE NEW QUALIFICATION? Enrol Now
NO ACTION NEEDED IF YOU HOLD A HIGHER ADULT EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
Examples may include:
- Diploma in Vocational Education and Training
- Diploma of Training Design and Development
- Master of Education or Doctoral degree with an Adult Education focus.
If you don’t have a qualification and would like to be a VET Trainer and Assessor, you can do the full TAE40116 with our partner MRWED. Find out more here.
TO FIND OUT DATES AND LOCATIONS – CLICK HERE
Note: This program is delivered in partnership between Workplace Dimensions (RTO 122052) with MRWED Training And Assessment (RTO 30146). Your enrolment, Statement of Attainment or Certificate will formally be issued via our partner MRWED Training And Assessment for the unit TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools and the qualification TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, however, you will be trained and assessed by Workplace Dimensions. Single unit TAELLN411 Language Literacy and Numeracy will be issued by Workplace Dimensions.