Did you know that changes to the Standards for RTO’s mean all trainers and assessors qualified under the TAE40110 qualification need to meet new credential requirements by April 1, 2019?
These changes are to improve the quality of training and assessment across the VET sector and all trainer and assessors must have the two required units on their qualification by April 1, 2019.
Without meeting these requirements, a trainer and assessor will no longer be able to deliver training or make assessment judgements.
Workplace Dimensions, with our partner MRWED Training And Assessment offer you options to either add to your existing qualification, or upgrade to the new qualification.
What are your options to meeting the new credential requirements for trainers and assessors?
PATH 1: COMPLIANCE WITH CREDENTIALS
ADD TO YOUR EXISTING TAE40110 QUALIFICATION
Completing these units below and providing evidence to your RTO is enough to ensure you can continue delivering/assessing in 2019. You do not need to upgrade to the new qualification. On the successful completion of each unit, you will be issued a statement of attainment to show your compliance.
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language Literacy and Numeracy
- TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools
How to take up this option:
Workplace Dimensions together with MRWED Training and Assessment offers you both units:
More about > TAELLN411 Language Literacy and Numeracy (1 Day $350)
More about >TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools (2 Days – $650)
Combine both units for a $50 discount (3 Days – $950)
Note: If you completed your TAE40110 with Workplace Dimensions, you will already have completed TAELLN411 Address Adult Language Literacy and Numeracy, so will only need to do TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools. If you did your qualification with another provider – check your academic statement for that unit.
READY TO TAKE UP THIS OPTION AND ADD TO YOUR CURRENT QUALIFICATION TO STAY COMPLIANT? Enrol Now
PATH 2: THE UPGRADE PATH
UPGRADE TO THE NEW QUALIFICATION
You may choose to upgrade to the current TAE40116 Certificate in Training and Assessment qualification. You will need to undertake the two required units below plus complete an RPL process. You will then be issued the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language Literacy and Numeracy +
- TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools +
- A Gap Assessment /RPL Kit
You may ask: “If I have the two required units – why do I need to do the Gap Assessment/ RPL kit? Can’t I just get the new qualification?”
It’s because part of the TAE40110 you completed has units that are not equivalent to the units in the TAE40116. This applies to:
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes has been superseded by TAEASS401
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation has been superseded by TAEASS403
Because of the significant changes to the above two units, upgrading to the new qualification requires you to complete additional assessment tasks, or supply RPL evidence to demonstrate you have the required knowledge for each unit.
How to take up this option:
- Enrol in the program here >>
- Complete the two required unit/s (if you don’t already hold the units).
- Complete the Gap Assessment RPL kit we will provide you. This will guide you through the activities required for the gap assessment, to achieve these units and the upgrade of your qualification to TAE40116.
- Send back your Gap Assessment RPL kit. Once you are deemed competent, you will be issued the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification.
- Gap Assessment RPL Kit only, $450
- Both units: TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools & TAELLN411 Address Adult Language Literacy and Numeracy+ Gap Assessment RPL Kit – $1,400 ($50 discount)
- Single unit: TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools + Gap Assessment RPL Kit – $1,100
- Single unit: TAELLN411 Address Adult Language Literacy and Numeracy + Gap Assessment RPL Kit – $800
READY TO TAKE UP THIS OPTION AND UPGRADE TO THE NEW QUALIFICATION? Enrol Now
NO ACTION NEEDED IF YOU HOLD A HIGHER ADULT EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
Examples may include:
- Diploma in Vocational Education and Training
- Diploma of Training Design and Development
- Master of Education or Doctoral degree with an Adult Education focus.
If you don’t have a qualification and would like to be a VET Trainer and Assessor, you can do the full TAE40116 with our partner MRWED. Find out more here.
TO FIND OUT DATES AND LOCATIONS OF OUR PUBLIC PROGRAMS – CLICK HERE
Or to contact us about an in-house program for your organisation, email email@example.com.
Note: This program is delivered in partnership between Workplace Dimensions (RTO 122052) with MRWED Training And Assessment (RTO 30146). Your enrolment, Statement of Attainment or Certificate will formally be issued via our partner MRWED Training And Assessment for the unit TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools and the qualification TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, however, you will be trained and assessed by Workplace Dimensions. Single unit TAELLN411 Language Literacy and Numeracy will be issued by Workplace Dimensions.